Why Choose Us
At the Community Foundation, you’ll work with knowledgeable professionals to tailor your giving to your family’s interests. Local experts can help you find the most efficient, effective nonprofits working in our region. You’ll have the satisfaction of supporting a community asset that gives back to our neighbors every day.
The Community Foundation offers a wide range of services for our fundholders.
Working with the Community Foundation can offer your private foundation a variety of services:
- Review and update its original purpose to address current and future needs
- Knowledgeable grantmaking guidance and administration
- Efficient, and cost-effective investment management
- Decreased government regulations
- Elimination of the annual mandatory 5% payout
- Focus on philanthropy and the transfer of values to your children
- Anonymity for donors, fund advisors, and grants, if desired.
Donor Advised Funds vs. Private Foundations
Consider the following differences between giving through a donor-advised fund and a private foundation:
What do you love about your community? What would you like to preserve for future generations? Philanthropy offers valuable estate planning advantages and allows you to create a lasting legacy for the public good.
Whatever your philanthropic dreams, the Princeton Area Community Foundation offers an array of tax-wise options to help you make a difference in your community for years to come. We encourage you to work with your estate planning professional or tax advisor to identify the gift that is right for you and your family.
For more information or support, please contact:
Director of Donor Services & Administration
Email Trisha Volk