GRANTS AND PROGRAMS MANAGER
The GRANTS AND PROGRAMS MANAGER is a key member of a dynamic community foundation focused on strategic objectives to promote philanthropy, invest in community and fund for greater impact.
Reporting to the Vice President of Grants and Programs (VP) and supporting the Committee on Impact, the GRANTS AND PROGRAMS MANAGER is responsible for managing the Community Foundation’s grants and programs processes.
Grants Management Process
A high level of ease and talent with technology. The Grants and Program Manager will be responsible for managing the Community Foundation’s (Foundant) online grant portal. Provides technical assistance to nonprofit applicants and maintains a working knowledge about the grant system and new developments. Maintains integrity of all grant and grantee information in the Foundation’s database.
- Supports VP, engaging with staff and committee(s) to draft and/or update grant guidelines, applications, award announcements and other necessary documentation necessary to move a grant proposal from selection to award, including entering new applications into grants portal, and documenting applicants and grant recipients.
- Assists VP to coordinate grantee information sessions and other convenings as necessary.
- Develops expertise on regional nonprofits – their missions, programs, challenges and opportunities.
- Tracks multi-year grantmaking commitments. Follow-up with grantees to request performance data to determine outcomes and the impact of the Foundation’s grantmaking activities. Maintains appropriate data files and updates as necessary.
- Support communication and marketing about grants, in coordination with communication staff.
Program Support and Implementation
Support the Community Foundation’s programs, All Kids Thrive and Community Impact Grants.
- Assist in the administration of grantmaking funds and organization-wide programs.
- Conduct background research of nonprofits for organization’s philanthropic intelligence and program planning.
- Support the Committee on Impact, prepare materials, arrange meetings, draft minutes, set-up/clean-up meeting room, refreshments & follow-up.
- Prepare reports about funded activities for the Committee on Impact and the Board of Trustees.
- Manage special projects as assigned by the VP Grants and Programs or President.
- Assist with back-up processing for donor related grants when the Philanthropic Services Associate is on vacation or as needed for interim support.
- Maintains grant activity files in an orderly manner and provides information of grant-funded activities for annual audits as needed by the Community Foundation’s CFO/COO.
- Supports VP to schedule grantee and stakeholder meetings related to grant-making activities and/or meet and greets.
- Supports events/seminars for Nonprofits; collaborates with development unit personnel as needed for events/seminars.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Thorough understanding of and strong commitment to the Community Foundation’s goals and mission.
- Experience in the nonprofit or foundation sectors with a demonstrated proficiency working with grantees, program-related concepts, and grantmaking.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office Suite), email and Internet usage, and ability to learn customized relational database software (MicroEdge FIMS)
- Ability to learn, maintain, and become an expert on the Foundant Grantmaking System.
- Aptitude for organizing tasks, managing time, and prioritizing projects
- Ability to be flexible, well-organized and self-sufficient
- Strong writing, interpersonal and oral communication skills
- High standards regarding accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, and a positive attitude
- Strong administrative management skills
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and adjust to changing priorities
- Outstanding judgment, initiative, and drive
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Benefits: Comprehensive package offered
Hours: Full-time position. Some assignments might require working in the evenings or on weekends.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For this position, please address the cover letter to Nelida Valentin, Vice President, Grants and Programs.