You can use a donor advised fund to achieve tax or charitable goals.
You may benefit from giving through a DAF:
- Quick setup – activate a fund same-day with one short form
- Maximizes charitable deduction – as a public charity, contributions to a donor advised fund at the Community Foundation are deductible at a higher rate than if made to a private foundation
- Flexibility – donor retains the right to suggest grants to any charity nationwide, at any time
- Private foundation solution – annual 5% payout can be made to a donor advised fund, giving indecisive siblings or grant committees more time to make wise grant decisions
- Sound investment management – Community Foundation funds are prudently invested in a high-quality managed pool
- Simple charitable receipts – a shoebox full of charitable receipts becomes one annual statement when giving through a donor advised fund
A donor advised fund at the Princeton Area Community Foundation allows you to reach your own charitable goals, while offering social returns as well – they strengthen the fabric of our community.
To learn more or set up a fund, call Trisha Volk, Director of Donor Services, at 609.219.1800 extension 16 or contact her via email.