Creating a community of philanthropists working together to improve the lives of women and girls in central New Jersey
Above: Evonne Williams (Boys and Girls Club) with Fund members Susie Wilson (co-chair) and Cynthia Goode at a fund reception, April 2011.
Founded in 1998, the Fund for Women and Girls is a passionate group of donors dedicated to supporting girls and the women who raise them throughout the greater Mercer County region. Join us in our efforts to create safe, healthy, and happy girlhoods for our neighbors and empower the young women who will be the leaders of tomorrow.
Why Give Together?
Fund for Women and Girls members are committed to magnifying the impact of their donations to women and girls by pooling their financial contributions, studying issues affecting women and girls, and collaboratively directing the fund’s grant making. We have a unique opportunity to:
- Pool our resources, so we can each participate in giving away far more money than we might do alone – for more powerful results in our community
- Network with community leaders whose interests are similar to yours
- Learn about current issues affecting girls and women from experts in the field
- Strategize together about how to accomplish the most with our gifts
- Contribute your own expertise and skills where possible to advance the circle’s mission
Benefits of Membership
Members make annual donations and receive:
- For members who give $1,000 or more annually, a chance to vote on grant recipients and visit prospective and current grantees with Community Foundation staff.
- Invitations to members-only educational workshops throughout the year that focus on issues affecting women and girls and effective personal and institutional philanthropy.
- Quarterly newsletters that include national best practices and updates on the work our grantees are doing.
Become a Member
The Fund for Women and Girls welcomes as members all who are concerned about the issues affecting Mercer County’s women and girls. Please join us!
Voting memberships, which allow the member to participate in choosing our annual grantees, begin at $1,000. For gifts of $5,000, $10,000 or more, please contact Elizabeth Wagner at 609.219.1800 extension 12.
To join or to learn more about The Fund for Women and Girls, please download a membership sign-up form, click here to join online, or contact the Community Foundation.
To donate by check, please make your check payable to the Princeton Area Community Foundation with “The Fund for Women and Girls” in the memo line, and mail it to the Community Foundation, 15 Princess Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648. We greatly appreciate your donations!