Granted annually to a female graduating from Princeton High School who is pursuing a career in education. Established in 1981, this scholarship was made possible through the generosity of A. Myrtle Hensor, a Princeton Business and Professional Women, Inc. (BPW) member. The A. Myrtle Hensor Teaching Scholarship is administered through the Princeton Area Community Foundation.
One $1,000 scholarship to prepare for a career in education will be awarded annually for one year of study at a four-year college or university, two-year college or vocational school.
The applicant must be a female graduating Princeton High School senior who is planning to pursue a career in education. This is a competitive scholarship, and the recipient will be selected based on financial need, achievement and character.
Application Instructions and Due Date:
- Download and complete the application form (available as a Word document or PDF file) or see the school guidance office.
- Submit the completed application and all required attachments to the Princeton Area Community Foundation at 15 Princess Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648 by March 1.
- Award notification posted on Community Foundation website on April 15.
- The scholarship will be mailed directly to the institution where the student is enrolled on July 31.
Be Sure to Include:
- Completed application form
- Student Aid Report (SAR) generated by FAFSA
- A copy of your college financial aid award letter*
- A copy of your acceptance letter from college or vocational school*
- A personal statement reflecting your interest in pursuing a career in education
- Two letters of recommendation
- High school transcript
- Additional supporting materials if you wish (optional)
* If unavailable at the time of application, these documents (just from the school you decide to attend) must be submitted to the Community Foundation before the scholarship funds will be awarded.