Awarded annually to a graduating senior from Hamilton High School West. Application are available from the Hamilton High School West Guidance Department.
This scholarship fund was established by the estate of John R. and Shirley I. Forrest, graduates of Hamilton High School West in Hamilton, New Jersey to assist qualified and deserving students from Hamilton High School West who desire to pursue their education in a post-secondary school.
It is expected that this scholarship will make the difference to a student in terms of their financial ability to attend the post-secondary school of their choice.
The recipient of this scholarship will be chosen by the Hamilton High School West Guidance Department. The student selected will meet the following criteria:
- Limited financial ability to pursue their education after graduation from Hamilton High School West.
- Have been accepted in a post-secondary educational institution , including technical or trade school, or a 2, 3, or 4 year college program.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities during high school.
- Participated in after-school and/or community activities , which could include holding a steady after-school job.
- Must not be related to any member of the Forrest/Irons family or a relative of any member of the Hamilton West facility or administration.
One scholarship totaling up to $20,000 is awarded annually to a graduating senior from Hamilton High School West in Mercer County, NJ. The award will be paid out in amounts of $5,000 per year for up to four years. The award is transferable. A “C” (2.0 g.p.a.) average or better must be achieved throughout the term of the scholarship. The student must provide proof of enrollment and the previous year’s academic performance to the Princeton Area Community Foundation prior to payment of second, third and fourth year awards.
This is a competitive scholarship, and the recipient will be selected based on community service, financial need, achievement and character.
Method of Application and Due Date:
- Obtain application form online (available as a Word document or PDF file) or from the Hamilton High School West Guidance Office.
- Submit the completed application and all required attachments to the Hamilton High West Guidance Department by April 20.