Gifts to any Community Foundation fund can be in the form of cash, securities, real estate, or other assets. Your gifts always qualify for the maximum tax benefit under state and federal law, including (in the case of assets with appreciated value) the advantages associated with donating potential capital gains. You can choose to make your gift from the following methods:
- Cash – Please make checks payable to “Princeton Area Community Foundation” and write the fund name in the memo line.
- Credit Cards – You can make your gift with a credit card online or by calling us at 609-219-1800 with your credit card information.
- Securities – Please refer to the stock transfer form for instructions on security transfer to any community foundation Fund.
- Real Estate or other assets – Please contact us for detailed instructions on gifting real estate or other real property into a charitable fund.
- Bequest. You can designate a gift or portion of your estate any Community Foundation charitable fund using the sample bequest language here.
- Charitable Remainder Trust. You can place assets in a trust that pays annual income to you (or another named beneficiary) for life. After your lifetime or a term of years, the remainder of the trust can be transferred to a Community Foundation charitable fund.
- Charitable Lead Trust. You can place assets in a trust that pays a fixed amount to a Community Foundation charitable fund for the number of years you select. Once this period ends, the assets held by the trust are transferred to the beneficiaries you name.
- Retirement Plan/Life Insurance. You can name a Community Foundation charitable fund as the designated beneficiary of a retirement plan or as the designated beneficiary, or partial beneficiary, of a life insurance policy.
- Charitable Planning with your IRA. If you are 70½ or older, and therefore required to withdraw monies from your IRA every year, a provision allows you to redirect your IRA contributions to a charitable organization. Learn more here.
Charitable Fund Services
We understand the importance of ensuring that your charitable gifts go to the areas you are most passionate about, and that your gifts are used as you intend. To meet your needs and maximize the impact of your charitable giving, we provide a wide array of services:
- Guidance and advice, if you like, to achieve your desired goal
- Coordination with your professional advisor (attorney, CPA, asset manager, etc.)
- The flexibility to accept a variety of different gift types, including cash, publicly traded securities, closely held stock, real estate, works of art, and life insurance
- Investment/asset management services
- Quarterly or Semiannual fund statements
- Oversight and monitoring of investment performance
- Stewardship of your legacy after your lifetime
- Planned-gift consultation and services
- Donor services including:
- One-on-one sessions to help create a customized charitable giving strategy or simply refine your giving approach for maximum impact
- Ongoing research and updates on community needs and charitable giving opportunities
- Opportunities to match your charitable interests with community needs
- Ability to give anonymously
- Comprehensive record keeping
- Grantmaking and evaluation services, including due diligence on all grants that are made from your fund
- Invitations to educational seminars and events
- Administrative services including:
- IRS reporting (you don’t have to file a separate tax return for your fund)
- Personalized gift acknowledgement letters for tax purposes
- Check administration and issuance
- Personalized grant letters